INTERNATIONAL. SSP Group Chief Executive Simon Smith has expressed his delight that company teams and individuals from around the world were recognised in last week’s FAB Superstars Awards.
The first in an annual awards programme, FAB Superstars was organised by The Moodie Davitt Report, with the winners announced at the Virtual Travel Retail Expo. SSP and joint-venture partner Travel Food Services (TFS) won a series of individual and team accolades.
Smith said: “Despite the extraordinary challenges our teams have faced throughout these past 18 months, they have shown true passion, dedication and resilience. We’re already hugely proud of the achievements of our colleagues at SSP and TFS and what they’ve achieved, so to have this hard work recognised by our esteemed industry partners at the FAB Superstar Awards is an honour.
“All the individuals and teams who have won this award live our values every day, and we are delighted to be able to celebrate their success.”
Click on the video to watch the awards ceremony in full.
The awards recognised the effort and dedication shown by colleagues in the travel food & beverage sector worldwide during the past 18 months.
Awards won by SSP Group and joint venture partner TFS include:
- Star Team Asia Pacific – Front of House: SSP Perth, Australia
- Star Individual Americas – Stores/Admin/Logistics: Tim Wilmes at SSP America
- Star Individual Middle East & Africa – Stores/Admin/Logistics: Frantzeska Georgiou at SSP EEME
- Star Story, Team or Individual – Americas: Stephanie Torres at SSP America
- Humanity, Leadership and Inspiration – Team or Individual Europe: SSP UK Birmingham
- Star Story Asia Pacific Front of House: Nangamuthu Murugan, Guest Service Associate, TFS, Chennai Domestic Airport
- Innovation Asia Pacific: Stores/Admin /Logistics: Accounts Payable Team, TFS Head Office
- Star Individual Asia Pacific – Stores/Admin/Logistics: Venkat Subramanian, Technical Services, TFS, Chennai Airport